An old lady who was very deaf and who thought everything too dear, went into a shop and asked the shopman:' How much this stuff?'
'Seven dollars, Madam, it is very cheap.' The lady said, 'It is too much, give it to me for fourteen.' 'I did not say seventeen dollars, but seven.'
'It is still too much,' replied the old lady, 'give it to me for five.'
一位耳聋并且总是嫌东西太贵的老太太走进一家商店。
她问店员:“这东西要多少钱?”
“七美元,太太,这是很便宜的。” 老太太说:“太贵了,十四美元差不多。”
店员忙说:“我没说十七美元,是七美元。”
“还是太贵,”老太太说:“五美元,我就买啦。”
黑人给白人的一封信
Dear white,something you got to know.
亲爱的白种人,有几件事你必须知道。
When I was born,I was black.
当我出生时,我是黑色的。
When I grow up,I am black.
我长大了,我是黑色的。
When I'm under the sun,I'm black.
我在阳光下,我是黑色的。
When I'm cold,I'm black.
我寒冷时,我是黑色的。
When I'm afraid,I'm black.
我害怕时,我是黑色的。
When I'm sick,I'm black.
我生病了,我是黑色的。
When I die,I'm still black.
我死了,我仍是黑色的。
You———white people,
你———白种人,
When you were born,you were pink.
当你出生时,你是粉红色的。
When you growup,you become white.
你长大了,变成白色的。
You're red under the sun.
你在阳光下,你是红色的。
You're blue when you're cold.
你寒冷时,你是青色的。
You are yellow when you're afraid.
你害怕时,你是黄色的。
You're green when you're sick.
你生病时,你是绿色的。
You're gray when you die.
当你死时,你是灰色的。
And you,call me"color"?
而你,却叫我"有色人种"?