She knows she's marrying one of the stupidest men in England. 她明知道嫁的是 全英国最愚蠢的男人 I never believed her capable of that. 我没想到她会做这种事
Lizzy, you do not make allowances for differences of situation and temper. 丽西,你不懂得体谅 别人不同的环境和性情
Our cousin Mr Collins is not the cleverest of men, perhaps, but he is respectable. 我们的科林斯表哥
也许不是最聪明的人 但是个正派人
He is not vicious, and as far as fortune goes, it's an eligible match. 他不是坏人
就财产而言 他也是适合的对象 是很适合
Very eligible! You wouldn't think of marrying a man like that, simply to secure your own comfort. 你绝不会为了保障生活舒适 就嫁给那样的人吧? 我不会,可是,丽西 不是每个人都一样的 No, but Lizzy, not everyone is the same. Dear Jane! 亲爱的瑾
I doubt that you will have to make a choice
我想你不会需要考虑 为爱而嫁或为物质条件而嫁
between marrying for love and marrying for more material considerations. Though you may, perhaps? 虽然你可能会?
I don't envy Charlotte in the slightest! Fancy marrying a clergyman! 我丝毫不嫉妒夏洛蒂洛克斯 没想到她会想嫁给牧师 他每天晚上会对着她讲道
- He'll read from Fordyce's sermons every night. - Before they go to bed! 除了嫁人 姑娘家最喜欢偶尔为情所困
Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then. 什么时候轮到你,丽西?
When is it your turn, Lizzy? You can't be long outdone by Jane, 你受不了老是输给瑾吧
我真心爱的人不多 看得起的人更少
There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well.
对这个世界看得越多 我就越不满
The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it.
你什么时候到肯特郡? When do you go into Kent?
我们会在洛克斯居 渡过新婚之夜
We shall spend the wedding night at Lucas Lodge, and then travel to Hunsford on Friday. 然后星期五启程到亨斯佛村 你会写信给我吧,丽西?
You will write to me, Lizzy? I believe I am not likely to leave Kent for some time.
我想我暂时不能离开肯特郡 希望常收到你的来信
- I shall depend on hearing from you very often. - That you certainly shall. 放心吧 家父和梅莉亚三月会来看我
My father and Maria are to come to me in March. Lizzy, will you promise to be one of the party? 丽西 你跟他们一起来好吗?
- You will be as welcome as either of them. - Then how could I refuse? 真的,我会像 欢迎家人一样欢迎你 那我怎能拒绝?
科林斯先生亲自照料花园 每天要花不少时间在上面
Mr Collins tends the gardens himself, and spends a good part of every day in them. 劳动必定有益身心 是的
- The exercise must be beneficial. - Oh, yes. 我鼓励他尽可能待在花园里
I encourage him to be in his garden as much as possible. 他几乎每天都要 走路到罗新斯园
- And he has to walk to Rosings nearly every day. - So often? Is that necessary? 这么频繁?
有这个必要吗? 应该没有
Perhaps not, but I confess I encourage him in that as well. 但我承认 我还是鼓励他天天去 走路非常有益身心 的确不错
- Walking is very beneficial exercise. - Oh, indeed it is. 他在家时几乎都待在书房
When he's in the house, he is mostly in his book room, 只要德波夫人的马车驶过 他可从窗口看得一清二楚
which affords a good view of the road, whenever Lady Catherine's carriage should drive by. 而你喜欢坐在起居室 对
- And you prefer to sit in this parlour? - Yes. 经常一整天过去 我们在一起不过几分钟 So, it often happens that a whole day passes
in which we haven't spent more than a few minutes in each other's company. 这样… I see.
我发现我很喜欢独处
I find that I can bear the solitude very cheerfully. 我发现我自己… I find myself...
对现状很满意,丽西
..quite content with my situation, Lizzy.
我的挣扎都是白费的
In vain I have struggled. It will not do! 我已经无法压抑我的感情
My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. 你得让我告诉你 我是多么热切地爱幕着你
我很清楚这样向你告白 显然是违背亲友的希望
In declaring myself thus I'm aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, 不用说也违背我的理智
my friends, and, I hardly need add, my own better judgement. 我们两家地位悬殊 结亲一定会被严厉谴责
The relative situation of our families makes any alliance between us a reprehensible connection. 我的理智也无法不这么想 但我没有办法
As a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself, but it cannot be helped. 从我们刚认识开始 我就对你产生了…
Almost from the earliest moments, I have come to feel for you... 一份热切的爱幕和感情
..a passionate admiration and regard, 尽管不断挣扎 我的理性还是被打败了
which despite my struggles, has overcome every rational objection.
I beg you, most fervently, to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife. 我必须热切地恳求你 解除我的痛苦,答应嫁给我 我相信碰上像这种情形 一般人都会表示感激
In such cases as these, I believe the established mode is to express a sense of obligation. 但我无法这么做 But I cannot.
我从来不曾渴求你的看重 而你这么做是心不甘情不愿
I have never desired your good opinion, and you have certainly bestowed it most unwillingly. 我很遗憾造成别人的痛苦 但我完全是无心的
I'm sorry to cause pain to anyone, but it was unconsciously done, 也希望很快会烟消云散
and I hope will be of short duration. 就是我所期望的回答?
And this is all the reply I am to expect? 我不明白 你为何如此不客气地拒绝我
I might wonder why, with so little effort at civility, I am rejected. 我也不明白 你既然想对我加以冒犯侮辱
I might wonder why, with so evident a desire to offend me, 却偏要告诉我 你喜欢我是违背你的意愿
you chose to tell me that you like me against your will, your reason, and even against your character! 违背你的理智 甚至违背你的人格 就算我不客气 这难道不是最好的理由
Was this not some excuse for incivility if I was uncivil? 我讨厌你是理所当然的
I have every reason in the world to think ill of you.
难道你以为我会接受一个 破坏我挚爱姐姐幸福的人?
What could tempt me to accept the man who has ruined the happiness of a most beloved sister? 这你能否认吗?
Can you deny that you have done it? 我不想否认
I have no wish to deny it.
我尽一切力量 把敝友和令姐拆散
I did everything in my power to separate my friend from your sister and I rejoice in my success. 而且很高兴我成功了 我对他比对我自己更好
Towards him I have been kinder than towards myself. 我对你的厌恶 不只因为这件事
It's not merely that on which my dislike of you is founded. 之前我听到你怎样对待 威卡先生,就对你深恶痛绝
Long before, my dislike was decided when I heard Mr Wickham's story of your dealings with him. 这件事你怎么自圆其说?
- How can you defend yourself on that subject? - Such interest in that gentleman's concerns! 你对那位先生倒很关心
知道他的不幸遭遇 有谁能对他不关心?
Who that knows of his misfortunes, can help feeling an interest? 他的不幸遭遇 对,他的确是很不幸
His misfortunes! Yes, his misfortunes have been great indeed! 还有你对他的伤害
And of your infliction! You have reduced him to his present state of poverty, 你害他落得一贫如洗
还对他的不幸 加以轻视嘲笑
and yet you can treat his misfortunes with contempt and ridicule! 这就是你对我的看法
And this is your opinion of me? 这么算来 我的错还真不少
My faults by this calculation are heavy indeed. 但这些过失 本来也许能视而不见
Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked, had not your pride been hurt 全怪我坦承一直无法向你 求婚的原因,伤了你的自尊
by the confession of the scruples which long prevented my forming serious design on you. 如果我隐瞒自己的挣扎 一味讨好你就好了 Had I concealed my struggles and flattered you. 但我一向看不起作假的人
But disguise of every sort is my abhorrence.
我敢坦然说出我的想法 因为这些想法自然而正当
Nor am I ashamed of the feelings I related. They were natural. 难道你指望 我因你门第卑下而高兴
Did you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your connections? 沾沾自喜 能和门第悬殊的人家结亲
To congratulate myself on the hope of relations whose condition in life is so below my own? 你弄错了,达西先生
You are mistaken, Mr Darcy.
你这种表白方式 只让我不必因拒绝你而内疚
Your declaration merely spared me any concern for refusing you, had you been more gentleman-like. 因为你表现得 太没有绅士风度
不管你怎么向我求婚 我都不可能接受
You could not make me the offer of your hand in any way that would tempt me to accept it. 从一开始
From the beginning, your manners convinced me 你的言行举止就让我坚信 你为人既傲慢
of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. 又自负
还自私地瞧不起别人的感情
《傲慢与偏见》经典台词:
1.He is not vicious, and as far as fortune goes, it's an eligible match. 他不是坏人
就财产而言 他也是适合的对象 是很适合
2.There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well.
我真心爱的人不多 看得起的人更少
3.The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it.
对这个世界看得越多 我就越不满
4. In declaring myself thus I'm aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family,my friends, and, I hardly need add, my own better judgement.
不用说也违背我的理智。我们两家地位悬殊结亲一定会被严厉谴责 。
拓展资料:
《傲慢与偏见》是简.奥斯丁的代表作。这部作品以日常生活为素材,一反当时社会上流行的感伤小说的内容和矫揉造作的写作方法,生动地反映了18世纪末到19世纪初处于保守和闭塞状态下的英国乡镇生活和世态人情。这部社会风情画式的小说不仅在当时吸引着广大的读者,时至今日,仍给读者以独特的艺术享受。
He is not vicious, and as far as fortune goes, it's an eligible match. 他不是坏人
就财产而言 他也是适合的对象 是很适合
There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well.
我真心爱的人不多 看得起的人更少
The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it.
对这个世界看得越多 我就越不满
In declaring myself thus I'm aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family,my friends, and, I hardly need add, my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families makes any alliance between us a reprehensible connection. As a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself, but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments, I have come to feel for you... ..a passionate admiration and regard.which despite my struggles, has overcome every rational objection.I beg you, most fervently, to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife.
不用说也违背我的理智 ,我们两家地位悬殊 结亲一定会被严厉谴责 ,我的理智也无法不这么想 但我没有办法 ,从我们刚认识开始 我就对你产生了… 一份热切的爱幕和感情 , 尽管不断挣扎 我的理性还是被打败了 .我必须热切地恳求你 解除我的痛苦,答应嫁给我 .
In such cases as these, I believe the established mode is to express a sense of obligation. But I cannot.I have never desired your good opinion, and you have certainly bestowed it most unwillingly. I'm sorry to cause pain to anyone, but it was unconsciously done,
我相信碰上像这种情形 一般人都会表示感激 但我无法这么做 .我从来不曾渴求你的看重 而你这么做是心不甘情不愿 ,我很遗憾造成别人的痛苦 但我完全是无心的,也希望很快会烟消云散 .
do under similar circumstances